Protecting Your Privacy
In various places on the Website, we may collect "Personal Information," such as your name, mobile phone number, e-mail address, birth date, hobbies, occupation and other information that can be used to identify you or contact you. My Mobile Witness will not share your Personal Information with its advertisers or any third-parties for marketing purposes.
If you do share your My Mobile Witness password for your account or other Personal Information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your My Mobile Witness password, you may lose substantial control over your Personal Information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your My Mobile Witness password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
My Mobile Witness may provide links to third party web sites, which may have different privacy practices than the Website. We are not responsible for, nor do we have any control over, the privacy policies on these third party web sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of every web site you visit.
How We Protect the Privacy of Children
To protect children's Personal Information and to meet the standards of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 13 that can be used to specifically identify them and My Mobile Witness does not permit persons under the age of 13 to use the Website. The Website is a general audience service not geared toward children. When users sign up for the Service, we ask for birth date information. This information helps us ensure that children do not provide us with their Personal Information. We appreciate your cooperation in helping enforce children's online privacy.
Providing Personal Information to the Website
You will be required to provide your mobile phone number and first name to post information on the My Mobile Witness Blog. If you post any Personal Information to the My Mobile Witness Blog, any person accessing the Website when your posting is contained on the Blog will be able to view this Personal Information so please do not include any information in postings to the My Mobile Witness Blog that you want to keep private.
If you send text, photos, video, audio, images, location information or other content (the “Content”) to My Mobile Witness through the Service that contains photos of you or other Personal Information, this Personal Information will only be provided to law enforcement and third parties in accordance with the terms set forth in our Terms of Service.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
When you visit the Website, you will be assigned a permanent "cookie" (a small text file) to be stored on your computer's hard drive. The purpose of this cookie is to identify you when you visit the Website so that we can enhance our service.
You can choose to browse on the Website without cookies. However, without these identifier files you will not be able to take advantage of certain features of the Website. Each browser is different, so check your browser’s "Help" menu to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
We also collect certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to the Website. See “Data We Collect” for more information.
You can browse the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information. Once you give us your Personal Information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us your Personal Information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers or our third party service provider’s servers located in the United States.
In addition to Personal Information you provide to us when you sign up for our Service or by otherwise using the Website in certain ways, we collect the following information:
- If you sign up for the Service, you must provide your name, mobile telephone number, email address and other Personal Information.
- We may collect technical and usage information such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, your computer’s operating system, the address of a referring website, if any, the pages on the Website that you visit, the search terms that you enter and the advertisements that you click. This information does not personally identify you and is used to help us diagnose problems, administer the Website and otherwise improve our service to you and for marketing purposes.
- My Mobile Witness currently does not collect financial information such as credit card or bank account information, but may collect such information in the future if payment is later required for the Service.
- We may collect Personal Information if you provide it in feedback, comments or surveys, post it on our Website on the My Mobile Witness Blog, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any Personal Information on the Website that you expect to keep private.
Use of Information
Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We do not sell or rent Personal Information to third parties. You agree that we may use your Personal Information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- respond to your questions or suggestions;
- provide you with safety alerts, promotions, advertisements and other marketing materials from My Mobile Witness and third parties through My Mobile Witness;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- tell you about offers, service updates, and promotional offers;
- comply with valid legal procedures, requirements, regulations or statutes;
- inform you of changes to the Website or Service that might affect your Personal Information; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
We may share aggregated demographic, statistical and usage information with our partners or advertisers. This is not linked to any Personal Information that can identify any individual person.
Data We Store
The following information may be stored in our database, even after deletion, and may be archived and stored indefinitely, although some of it may not be accessed after a specific period of time:
Personal Information and other information you provide to the Website
- All Content sent by you to the Website
- Activity logs and other records
Circumstance in Which We Will Release Information
My Mobile Witness may disclose information about the Website users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Respond to a legal process (e.g., subpoenas, court orders)
- Respond to claims that Content violates the rights of third parties
- Protect the rights, property or personal safety of My Mobile Witness, its users or the general public
We may also share your Personal Information with:
- Our affiliates to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide relevant information.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal or unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, including without limitation, name, telephone number, email address, IP address and fraud complaints.
- Law enforcement as agreed to by you in the Terms of Service.
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. In our efforts to protect your online transactions, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology will be used for Personal Information transported over the Internet. If your browser is capable of SSL, your Personal Information will be automatically encrypted, or encoded, before it is sent over the Internet.
Although My Mobile Witness uses these methods to protect your Personal Information, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your Personal Information if you post it on the Website. Therefore, although we work hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private, and you acknowledge and agree that we will have no liability to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse or alteration.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
Use of the Website or the Service from Outside the United States